Mise-en-scene video recreation and learner response

 1) Mr Bush’s feedback:

I had reviewed both positive and negative feedback which is helpful for my future projects. I had included a shot list as requested however like you said it would be better if i had added the time of the clip shots which i will do next time. The original soundtrack was used in the scenes that it was meant for and the setting was accurate as the location was a school and we had filmed it in a hallway with lockers. Although the performers had attempted to stick to the original the clothing of the principle was not accurate. Finally the export quality needed a higher resolution.

2) Feedback from peers:

WWW:

accurate with original clip x4

setting is accurate (location)x 8

Audio match x 4

Camera angle was well x4

EBI

quality x5

camera angle x3

Costume x3

Lighting 

3) Self assessment:

I believe that if i put more effort in i would’ve been able to achieve all the things i had to do. What went well was the audio and the acting, me and Bushra tried our best to find people that would be suitable for the scene. However the costume was not accurate for some people e.g the clothing of the principle was not appropriate. Another thing I could’ve improved was the quality of the video in general as it was in poor quality.

4)  Planning a script had helped those in the video learn their lines much easier instead of them having to watch the scene several times. The shot list also allowed everything to be organised.

5) In my opinion, the feedback was very informative and will further help me improve my future videos. The quality in this video was not the best as we recorded it on a phone and to prevent this happening again later on I will use another device that will produce higher resolution videos. Also instead of leaving my videos to a later time I will start on them earlier ; this will allow me choose the best device to work on as well as allowing me to prepare props and clothing. Being organised and punctual  will be my main goal as that will be the solution to a well produced video.


6) I have learned that although any parts of Mise - en - scene nah seem insignificant it is very important and any lack of effort will show in your work. My mistakes have aided me into understanding what is expected of me next time and I now know the importance of lighting, setting, clothing, etc.

Comments